Thursday, September 17, 2009

My baby just wrote me a letter...

"To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere without moving anything but your heart."
~Phyllis Theroux


So I stole this idea from my friend Morgan. She writes letter to her future spouse, and I think that's beautiful. So I did it. Just to see. And there's something really great about it. I dunno. Here's what I wrote:



Dear future husband,

As I sit in my Intro to Comm class, I feel like writing you a letter. Whomever you may be. I hope your day is going well where ever you are. My plan is to occasionally look up during this lecture to make it look like I'm listening... I just put in my two cents about conceptual definition of popularity. I think I'm good to go.

I am over school. It gets harder everyday to keep focused. All I can think about is getting in shape and theatre. I feel like I don't even hang out with my friends anymore I am so consumed by the excessive work and stress school puts on me, that I don't have time for friends. I only have friends at rehearsals or people who see me at work...

Thank God you're not around... I don't think I would even have time for you right now. And that's one thing I would never want to do to you. I wnat you to be my priority. I want to always make time for you, and not feel like its a chore. I want you to feel the same way. I want to be your top priority. That's how I'll know you're the one... when suddenly I'll put you above everything... even theatre. And you'll come to know, my biggest passion is theatre. It's my everything. You'll be my everything. I get excited thinking about that moment when I realize you are everything.

I love how you trust me. When I do stupid things you know its never to hurt you. Sometimes I make mistakes, but its never malicious. You recognize my work, my art, my writing for all that it is instead of finding its flaw and tearing it apart. Of course you tell me I've done something wrong.

I am devoted to you. Completely and entirely. Sometimes I need to throw my hands up in the air and say I am yours to remind you, but you know. You always know.

We get in fights. That's inevitable. We know how to have a good fight. Sorry I'm super headstrong. But I'm glad you're not afraid of me. These fights better us, though, you know? I don't feel defeated when your mad at me. Instead I want to figure it out, work together, and find each other on a deeper level. And then we can kiss after.

It's really therapeutic writing to you. Whoever you are. Because it gives me hope that you're out there. That someday I'm going to actually hand this letter to you, and any other letters I have written and everything in them will be true.

Thank you for loving me for everything that I am. I think that's the most important thing. Every problem, every talent, everything... You love me. Thank you. No matter how rough the waters get... you're by my side. At least... someday you will be.

I love you. Whoever you are, where ever you are... I just want to say I love you.

Yours,
James

3 comments:

  1. My god, That letter is so sweet, so deep and caring, wow, I envy the man that's going to receive it, hope you find him soon enough and get the chance to make this letter true, such a loving person you are and I hope time comes when you can actually meet him and more people, we have priorities and even if it would be awesome to find him right now maybe you wouldn't notice him for you have a million things going on in your life, I do think that when you're ready to make time for him you'll find him. I'm so jealous of whoever he is and wherever he is I know he's waiting for you :)

    Love
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! And wonderful letter too, BTW.
    :-)

    You stole it from Morgan, and now I'm going to steal it from you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to steal this, it's too cute

    ReplyDelete